Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Lift Up Your Head O Ye Gates - Handel (I've been tagged!)

All right, I've been tagged by Graydon. One little exception to the rules I have made is that if a song in my playlist has no real 'name' (as many of them do) except numbers such as 'Symphony 3 in E Flat Op. #45" I have skipped ahead to the next song. 

Enjoy!

Instructions:
1.Put your iPod/Playlist/CD Player on random shuffle
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS!
4. Tag/Link 5 (or so) friends who might enjoy doing the meme as well as the person you got the meme from.

Here's my answers:
IF SOMEONE SAYS "IS THIS OKAY" YOU SAY?
The Stars and Stripes Forever - Sousa

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
The Bridge of Kazad Dum - Howard Shore  (Hmm, I like it)

WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
Never Weather-Beaten Sail - Timothy Seaman

WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE?
The Glory Days - Michael Giacchino (The Incredibles)

WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
Swing Low, Sweet Chariot/Balm in Gilead - Timothy Seaman (scary)

WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
When You Believe - The Prince of Egypt Soundtrack (Oh, come on, I have more potential than that!)

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
Tryn' to Love Two Women - The Oak Ridge Boys (Ouch)

WHAT IS 2+2?
Cab Ride to Kingston - Gaelic Storm

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
O Holy Night - Celtic Woman (???)

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
Following Tzipporah - The Prince of Egypt Soundtrack (My that's handy, all I have to do now is find someone named Tzpporah and I'll know I like her.)

WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
Skating - Vince Guaraldi (Charley Brown Christmas) (That's not very good, I can't skate to save my life)

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
Drowsy Maggy/Radish Paddy - CBD (Zzzzzz)

WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
The Doors of Durin - Howard Shore (Cold and hard, cold and hard)

WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
The Kings and Queens of Narnia - Harry Gregson Williams (Read: Spoiled)

WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
The Black Gate Opens - Howard Shore

WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
The Soundtrack to Spy - Samuel Y (My favorite piece) 

WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
Friends in Low Places - Garth Brooks (Not True.)

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
Punjab Paddy - Gaelic Storm (If Paddy ever opens his mouth, I'm dead)

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
Introduce a Little Anarchy - The Dark Knight Soundtrack (All right guys, confession time...)

WHAT'S THE WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN?
Billy the Kid - Aaron Copland

HOW WILL YOU DIE?
The New Greg - The Dialtone Soundtrack (Ah, yes, the alternative ending to Dialtone where Greg, instead of learning his lesson, becomes a mass murderer and kills all of the crew...)

WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU REGRET?
Mr. Huph Will See You Now - Michael Giacchino (Not Mr. Huph! NOOOOOOO!!!!!)

WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?
The Crusades - Dr. George Grant (OK, it's a lecture, but it's still funny)

WHAT MAKES YOU CRY?
One Yellow Rose - Jeff Victor (With two yellow roses, I'm just fine, it's just one yellow rose *sniff*)

WILL YOU EVER GET MARRIED?
I've Got My Eye on You - Hans Zimmer

WHAT SCARES YOU THE MOST?
Pride and Prejudice (opening title music) - Carl Davis (I'm telling you when you hear those strains coming from the TV, it's every man for himself, run for your sanity!!!)

DOES ANYONE LIKE YOU?
Qui-Gon's Noble End - John Williams (I'll take that as a No)

IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME, WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE?
The Unicorn Song - Brodingnagian Bards (But I don't even
like unicorns.)

WHAT HURTS RIGHT NOW?
Augie's Great Municipal Band and End Credits - John Williams (Don't get it either)

WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS?
Lift Up Your Head O Ye Gates - Handel

3 comments:

Graydon L said...

LOL!!! Isn't it the weirdest thing how some of 'em actually fit?!?!?!

Graydon L said...

Hey, Sam. Your link on the side bar that says "Hank O'Grady III - Coming Soon" links to a page about Jane Austin.

????

SamuelY said...

I thought it was rather humorous.


You'll have to wait for it to be released to find it, just like everybody else....