Okay I've been tagged, some of my favorite movies have already been taken, but these are definitely all on my 'long' list of favorite movies.
1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. When someone guesses correctly, write the name of the movie above the quote.
5. NO Googling, using IMDb search, or other search functions.
6. Tag 5 people.
Quote #1 GUESSED BY GRAYDON L - 12 ANGRY MEN
It's always difficult to keep personal prejudice out of a thing like this. And wherever you run into it, prejudice always obscures the truth. I don't really know what the truth is. I don't suppose anybody will ever really know. Nine of us now seem to feel that the defendant is innocent, but we're just gambling on probabilities - we may be wrong. We may be trying to let a guilty man go free, I don't know. Nobody really can. But we have a reasonable doubt, and that's something that's very valuable in our system. No jury can declare a man guilty unless it's SURE. We nine can't understand how you three are still so sure. Maybe you can tell us.
Quote #2 GUESSED BY JONNY AND GRAYDON L - THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM
Person #1: [in car, on cell phone] Perhaps we can arrange a meet.
Person #2: Where are you now?
Person #1: I'm sitting in my office.
Person #2: I doubt that.
Person #1: Why would you doubt that?
Person #2 If you were in your office right now we'd be having this conversation face-to-face.
Quote #3 GUESSED BY GRAYDON L - MASTER AND COMMANDER: THE FAR SIDE OF THE WORLD
For England, for home, and for the prize!
Quote #4 GUESSED BY THE HOLSTEN FAMILY - SPIDERMAN 2
[Little old lady talking to her nephew] We need a hero, couragous sacrificing people, setting examples for all of us. Everybody loves a hero, people line up for 'em, cheer for them, scream their names, and years later tell how they stood in the rain for hours just to get a glimpse of the one who told them to HOLD ON a second longer. I believe theres a hero in all of us, that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble. And finally gets us to die with pride. Even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want most, even our dreams.
Quote #5 SOMEWHAT QUASI-GUESSED BY GRAYDON L - SEARCHING FOR BOBBY FISCHER
Teacher: Do you know what it means to have "contempt" for your opponent?
Josh: No.
Teacher: It means to hate them. You have to hate them Josh, they hate you.
Josh: But I don't hate them.
Teacher: Well you'd better start.
Quote #6 GUESSED BY GRAYDON L - THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH
You have muddled everything from the start, taking that child with you from Marrakesh. Don't you realize that Americans dislike having their children stolen?
Quote #7 GUESSED BY JONNY AND GRAYDON L - THE LORD OF THE RINGS; THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING
Person #1: What's that?
Person #2 This, my friend, is a pint.
Person #1: It comes in pints?
[In low voice]
Person #2 I'm getting one
Quote #8 GUESSED BY JONNY L - DIALTONE
I can't do this anymore.
[pause]
I love you.
Quote #9 GUESSED BY MELISSA N - THE INCREDIBLES
We look like bad guys. Incompetent bad guys!
Quote #10 GUESSED BY DAVID P - THE ENEMY BELOW
Person #1 There is no way our torpedoes could have missed at that close range!
Person #2 Hmm. Their captain is no amateur. But neither am I.
Quote #11 GUESSED BY DAVID P - TORA TORA TORA
Finally, gentlemen... many misinformed Japanese believe that America is a nation divided... isolationist... and that Americans are only interested in enjoying a life of luxury, and are spiritually and morally corrupt. But that is a great mistake. If war becomes inevitable, America would be the most formidable foe that we have ever fought. I've lived in Washington and studied at Harvard, so I know that the Americans are a proud and just people.
Quote #12 GUESSED BY JONNY L - EXPELLED; NO INTELLIGENCE ALLOWED
No gods, no life after death, no ultimate foundation for ethics, no alternate meaning in life, and no human free will... are all deeply connected to an evolutionary perspective.
Quote #13 GUESSED BY MELISSA N - STAR WARS EPISODE I - THE PHANTOM MENACE
[race announcer] I don't care what universe you're from, that's got to hurt.
Quote #14 NOT GUESSED BY ANYONE - BEND OF THE RIVER
Bad Guy: I'll be seeing you, Glyn.
Jimmy Stewart: You'll be seeing me. You'll be seeing me. Everytime you bed down for the night, you'll look back to the darkness and wonder if I'm there. And some night, I will be. You'll be seeing me!
Quote #15 NOT GUESSED BY ANYONE - THE APPLE DUMPLING GANG RIDES AGAIN
Bumbling Cowboy #1 Our picture's never going to get in the history books now.
Bumbling Cowboy #2 Oh, yes it will. We'll go down as numbers 16 or 17 shot by Marshall Wooly Bill Hitchcock.
13 comments:
Boy, Sam, you and I seem to like a lot of the same movies!
#1 12 Angry Men???
#2 Bourne Supremacy
#3 Master and Commander
#6 The Man Who Knew Too Much???
#7 Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring
I've heard #8 before, but I too can't really place them.
#9 is The Incredibles
I'll have to think about the rest....
#9 is The Incredibles
I'll have to think about the rest....
#2 born ultimatum
#7 the lord of the rings, the fellow ship of the ring.
#8 dialtone
#12 (I'M guessing) expelled.
You're all correct, but you've got a lot to go...
#10 The Enemy Below
#11 Tora Tora Tora
Correct, David!
Ten down, five to go...
#13 Star Wars 1
#4 Spiderman 2
I guess #5 is that one about the Kid who is really good at chess right?
I can't remember what it's called but you told me about it a while back.
Yup, but you're going to need to do better than that...
#5 Searching for Bobby Fischer
Ha!
I didn't "Somewhat-Quasi Guess it", I guessed it!!!
You just gave me a big fat whopping hint, that's all :-)
Post a Comment